GBF’s Equipment Exchange
GBF’s Equipment Exchange (“EqXchange”) program –
and its cloud-based portal - finds appreciative new homes for
equipment otherwise destined for recycling or landfill.
Across the US and Europe, perfectly serviceable equipment for blood collection, processing, testing and storage – not to mention more generic items such as computers - is routinely disposed of as part of upgrade programs.
Global Blood Fund offers a way in which this equipment can benefit blood centers in the developing world.
GBF’s EqXchange free-to-use portal enables the easy listing of items and automatically notifies registered and vetted potential recipients about newly available equipment. Once a match is made with a blood-service in need, GBF manages the cost and logistics of shipping items to their new home. It’s that simple!
To date, millions of dollars-worth of equipment has been donated to countries in Africa, Latin America, Asia and Eastern Europe. Donations include:
- Hundreds of portable donor beds to Nigeria, Mexico, Lesotho and Cambodia
- Multiple mobile donation vehicles to Mexico and Lebanon
- Hundreds of donation mixer/scales to Tanzania, Rwanda, Liberia, Botswana
- Hemapheresis technology to Africa, the Middle East and Eastern Europe
- Centrifuges to Mexico
- Clinical uniforms to Armenia.