You can ensure patients in Africa, Latin America, Asia etc. enjoy access to safe blood when in need of a life-saving transfusion. Help on a global scale.
In rich countries, when patients need blood they simply expect it to be there and be safe. In economically challenged countries, blood banks are often empty and what blood there is may put transfused patients at risk of contracting HIV or numerous other infections.
In response, GBF . . .
- Donates expertise, money and equipment
- Promotes voluntary, non-remunerated blood donation
- Encourages the bloodbanking community to share resources
- Offers a mechanism to engage millions of regular blood donors in international aid efforts
- Helps increase awareness of global inequalities in access to safe blood